The trend of access to funds tied to the presence of a rigorous system for teacher evaluation is not going to go away. But basing teacher evaluations on test scores alone is unfair and inadequate. So what's the alternative?
Just in time to solve this problem, ASCD has partnered with Learning Sciences International to develop the ASCD Teacher Effectiveness Suite. This powerful new suite combines Charlotte Danielson's acclaimed Framework for Teaching with iObservation®, the leading online platform for instructional improvement, to give you the opportunity to evaluate and support teacher effectiveness with a balanced set of research-based strategies shown to improve student learning.
See a Free Webinar on The ASCD Teacher Effectiveness Suite.
Whether you're responsible for a single school or an entire district, The ASCD Teacher Effectiveness Suite is a way to bring your program in line with all the key goals of school improvement:
- Establish a common language of instruction to align professional development, feedback, and teacher growth.
- Help teachers achieve state teaching standards for professional practice.
- Empower teachers to demonstrate growth in the Framework for Teaching.
- Facilitate teacher self-assessment and professional growth plans.
- Collect data and evidence of teacher growth and development and link it to student learning gains.
- Provide teachers the ability to demonstrate that growth in pedagogy increases student achievement.
Go to the free Webinar scheduled for September 28, 2010 at 3:00 p.m. EDT.